Apologies for the pic but I felt Arnie would soften the blow of my return!!!
For those who have faithfully blogged over the past year I salute you with both hands. I thought I was strong and could hold on forever but no….. nope…. I wilted liked a defrosting rose. Foreign living got me way too excited!
But as I am I strong believer of ‘nunca te rindes’ = never give up, here I am ready to roll on the next film reel and press play!!
So I will give up a quick update on my life since August 2015 (Cringe! has it been almost a year!!) and will be doing random throwback Thursday posts to highlight the best bits.
- I spent August until June 2015 working at Universidad del Norte in Barranquilla.
- I travelled to Cali, Medellin/Guatape, Cartagena, and Santa Marta as well as 2 trips to Florida, USA to see my lovely family.
- Started teaching Undergradutes Level 2 English (University curriculum = A1 Level in my opinion).
- Made some AMAZING friends.
- Moved into my own ‘cute as a button’ studio flat!! (A la Carrie from Sex and the City).
- Found a beautiful love in a hopeless place (wouldn’t expect anything else for me!) and yes it’s still going strong!
And most exciting of all……. I’M ABOUT TO DO IT ALL AGAIN!!!!
As me and Barranquilla are absolutely mad about each other we have decided to continue our transatlantic romance and embark on a 2nd year.
Only change will be my place of work which will now be at Universidad del Atlantico, which is one of the best public universities in Barranquilla and the Caribbean coast.
So keep your eyes peeled for Throwback Thursday updates and saddle up for a new year with the loca with the fro a.k.a ME!!
😀 Thanx for having me back!!